I was thinking the other day about what my personal resolutions for the New Year would be. My list contains the same old things....lose weight, be nicer to my husband, be on time, be organized....but I began thinking that maybe I needed some resolutions for Applewood Photography. What worked in 2012? What didn't? How can I make my business better and my clients happier (while at the same time making my husband and family happy, too)? So here goes. My commitment to you in 2013.
1) I will be passionate about each and every photo shoot. Photography is fun, and it will never be "just a job", even on days when I'm tired. Each client will leave the photo shoot feeling supremely special...because to me each client is vital to my business and special to my art.
2) I will not let the talent of other photographers nor the influx of new photography businesses in my area inhibit my love of the medium. I cannot take on every client. It is okay to have competition. It is not okay to compare my abilities or Facebook "likes" to theirs as a measure of my success or talent.
3) I will have quicker turnaround times. This is a workflow change. Focus on how I can get photos to clients in 1-2 weeks max while not losing the quality of the photographs and editing.
4) I will have quality work-life balance to be fair to my clients --- and more importantly, my husband, family, friends and personal goals. I work a 40 hour/week job, plus photo sessions and hours editing....it adds up, and I've really missed out on family time in 2012. In 2013, I will not overbook myself, but dedicate more attention to each client and devote more time to my family. I am still taking new clients, but not stretching myself thin....so book early!
5) I will continue to improve in understanding and utilizing my equipment and editing to ensure I'm providing top notch photos for my clients to treasure.
6) I will reach 300 likes on Facebook by June 2013. Past clients....referrals are sooo important to my business. I appreciate your support in getting the word out! Facebook fans represent possible clients interested in keeping Applewood up and running. When you post your photos, please give a shout out or a link back to the Applewood Facebook page! www.facebook.com/applewoodphoto
Thank you to all of my clients in 2012. You were all amazing, and I truly appreciate your business. The biggest compliment to me is that you book me to photograph your special memories. I hope you were all entirely pleased with how they turned out and that you will use Applewood in the future and refer me to your family and friends. Thank you also to my family, friends, and Facebook fans for supporting me this past year. It feels so great to know that I got the shot just right and that this is what I'm intended to continue doing.
I would love to meet more people in 2013, so please consider contacting me for photos. I will be focusing on portraits only going forward (with the exception of one wedding previously booked). Please contact me well in advance if you would like your photos done (and remember, April and October are my busiest months!). My email address is email@example.com or leave a message on my Facebook page.
Happy New Year!
I'm very excited about this time in my life...new business, new accounts, new website, new camera....& new business cards. The business cards aren't here yet, but they're on their way! And they may not be as creative as the cards on this site where your clients can entertain themselves by folding your business card into a paper plane or a map, but I think they're pretty darn snazzy. Want a sneek peak? Well, alright then. Here you are:
What do you think? Creating everything myself has been sooo much work...but so much fun, too!
Wife, Mommy, Vintage Lover, Coffee Addict, Photography Junkie